Licensing and Policy
Aim and Scope
University of Wah Journal of Computer Science (UWJCS) ISSN 2709-1988 (online) 2617-689X (print), publishes
original contributions on all aspects of computer sciences. The Journal is originally intended to serve as a
platform for international quality peer-reviewed research work in the relevant field. Submission of a
manuscript implies that it is not simultaneously considered for publication elsewhere and that the authors
have obtained the necessary authority for publication.
Article Processing Charges (APC)
UWJCS is a peer-reviewed, subsidized open access journal where the University of Wah, Wah Cantt, Pakistan,
pays the open access fee. Authors do not have to pay any article processing charges (APC).
This journal is published annually till now.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
(These guidelines are based on Elsevier recommendations and COPE's Best Practice Guidelines for Journal
UWJCS is a peer-reviewed international journal committed to upholding the highest standards of publication
ethics. In order to provide our readers with a journal of the highest quality, we state the following principles
of Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement. All articles not in accordance with these standards will be
removed from the publication if malpractice is discovered at any time even after the publication. UWJCS is
checking all papers in a double-blind peer-review process. In accordance with the code of conduct, we will
report any cases of suspected plagiarism or duplicate publishing.
By submitting the Author(s) manuscript to the journal it is understood that it is an original manuscript and is
unpublished work and is not under consideration elsewhere. Plagiarism, including duplicate publication of
the author's own work, in whole or in part without proper citation is not tolerated by the journal.
Manuscripts submitted to the journal may be checked for originality using anti-plagiarism software.
UWJCS is equipped with plagiarism detecting software "Turnitin" to screen submitted papers.
University of Wah Journal of Computer Sciences (UWJCS) uses Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License to protect the author’s work from misuse. Under this license, the author’s published in UWJCS retain the copyright and publishing rights of their scholarly work. All other authors using the content of UWJCS are required to cite the names of the author(s) as well as of the journal in their work. Articles of UWJCS can be read and shared for purposes under the following condition:
BY: Attribution must be given to the source (Attribution)
Open Access Policy
University of Wah Journal of Computer Sciences (UWJCS) is an open-access journal. Open-access means content is freely available without charge to the user or institution. Users are allowed to read, download, distribute, print, search, link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
University of Wah Journal of Computer Sciences (UWJCS) is committed to promoting the global knowledge exchange through free research available to the public. Therefore, it provides open access to all the published content immediately. Full text of articles is made available in the Archives section of the official website.
Author’s retain the copyrights and will grant University of Wah Journal of Computer Sciences (UWJCS) the non-exclusive rights of first publication of the manuscript electronically and in print form and to identify UWJCS as the original publisher under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. It will allow others to share the content with an explicit indication of the authorship and its initial publication in UWJCS. Under these licensing terms, the author (s) confirm that all the content of the published manuscript will be distributed in the public domain and other researchers may use it exclusively for any scientific purpose with the obligatory acknowledgment of authorship.
Peer Review Policy
All submissions to University of Wah Journal of Computer Science (UWJCS) ISSN 2709-1988 (online) 2617-
689X (print), are first reviewed for completeness and only then sent to be assessed by an Editor who will
decide whether they are suitable for peer review. Where an editor is on the author list or has any other
competing interest regarding a specific manuscript, another member of the Editorial Board will be assigned
to oversee the peer review. Editors will consider the peer-reviewed reports when making a decision but are
not bound by the opinions or recommendations. A concern raised by a single peer reviewer or the Editor
themselves may result in the manuscript being rejected. Authors receive peer review reports with the
editorial decision on their manuscript.
Proceedings papers are reviewed by the Programmed Chairs and Programmed Committee members of the
respective conference, with help from external reviewers selected by them.
• Ensure a fair double-blind peer-review of the submitted articles for publication.
• They will strive to prevent any potential conflict of interests between the author and editorial and
• Editors will also ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept as
confidential before publishing.
• Editor-in-Chief will coordinate the work of the editors.
• Evaluate manuscripts based on content without regard to ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation,
citizenship, religious belief, or political philosophy of the authors.
• They must ensure that all the information related to submitted manuscripts is kept confidential and
must report to the Editor-in-Chief if they are aware of copyright infringement and plagiarism on the
• They must evaluate the submitted works objectively as well as present clearly their opinions on the
works in a clear way in the review form.
• A reviewer who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its
prompt review will be impossible should notify the Editor-in-Chief and excuse himself from the
• Present an objective discussion of the significance of research work as well as sufficient detail and
references to permit othersto replicate the experiments.
• Fraudulent or knowingly inaccurate statements constitute unethical behavior and are unacceptable.
• Review articles should also be objective, comprehensive, and accurate accounts of the state of the
• The authors should ensure that their work is entirely original works, and if the work and/or words of
others have been used, this has been appropriately acknowledged.
• Plagiarism in all its forms constitutes unethical publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
• Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical
publishing behavior and is unacceptable.
• Authors should not submit articles describing essentially the same research to more than one
• The corresponding author should ensure that there is a full consensus of all co-authors in approving
the final version of the paper and its submission for publication.
• University of Wah